Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hello 43-hello breast cancer

I am a "dream" writer. At night when I can't sleep, I start writing stories, letters, poems in my head. My husband says I sometimes giggle in my sleep. I am sure this is when I think I am being particularly clever, and in that state of half awake, have dreaming. I always fail to write anything down, so when the morning light finally wakes me, I never remember what was so funny, and had me laughing. Thus begins my day (not being so clever), getting the kids up, breakfast, feeding the animals (who are always so much more grateful for their breakfast, and make me smile!), and then getting myself ready for work and whatever awaits me. I am in hopes that this blog will help me put into words my journey. You see, in January, no less on my birthday, the reality of breast cancer came into my life and greeted me with a bang. Hello 43!

No comments: