Monday, June 1, 2009



MY DOG DON'T CARE IF I HAVE NO HAIR!




























My dog is cowering next to me as I type on the computer. He hates thunder storms and fireworks. Not a good thing since where we live has more firework stores per square mile then anywhere else in the USA! It is storming out at the moment,so the Moedog is pacing, panting and looking all wild eyed.( And since he has one brown eye and one blue eye this is not a hard thing for him to do!)
Moe is an Australian shepherd, good thing he didn’t have to take a job in the profession he was bred for. If a storm popped up, those sheep would be soooo S.O.L ….I can hear Moe now if a storm rolled in on hilly green pastures….,
Moe: “Sorry dudes, you are on your own, I need to go find a rock to crawl under!--I am so out of here!”
Sheep: “Baaaaa, Baaaaaadog!”
As Moe has aged (he is 8 years old ) he has weaseled himself into being a 55 pound indoor dog. That is until he does something stupid. Like leave a big cow patty (or should I say dog patty) at the furthest corner part of the downstairs., usually discovered by the kids, “MOOOOM! Moe dropped a load in the workout room!” how come it is always moooom and not daaaaad?. I vow to ban him from ever being indoors forever, but ever so slowly he inches his way back into the house and back into my good graces. I blame myself, I heard Cesar Milan,the famous Dog whisperer once say only to use two syllable words and not a name that rhymes with No, when nameing your pet, so all these years when I was disciplining Moe and telling him NO- he just thought I was calling him! My fault.
I have to give it to the dog, he makes me smile more then he makes me mad. He is the most loyal dog., In the quiet of the morning, after the kids have gone off to school, he follows me from room to room as I clean. My own personal stalker. Lies at my feet while I fold laundry, takes a nap with me in the afternoon. Listens to me complain about the towels on the floor and never offers up an opinion. He has just a nub for a tail, and when we talk to him, his nub responds. I am going to put it on “you tube” one of these days. The talking nub, it is so funny. We say “Moemoe” the nub goes back and forth three times. He knows my parents car when they come to visit from Kentucky. He barks at my neighbor’s SUV- who he sees everyday, but my dad’s truck, he encounters only maybe twice a year, yet not a peep he makes-- just doggy backflips! He adores my dad… of course we do give the dog a heads up and tell him “Moe, Pa is coming” the nub goes off the charts…he understands.
In the summer we get Moe a summer cut, shaving off his long and thick fur. (wet dog hair and boats, not pretty) We do a “Don Johnson” cut , not totally skin, but just a five o’clock shadow trim. When he gets home, he hides out, in fear that the neighborhood dogs will make fun of him. ( I can hear the bulldog down the street in his Arnold Shrwarzneiger accent--“Look at Moe Moe, he looks like a girly dog!”) I gaze into his crazy looking eyes. I can relate to that no hair “naked” feeling. I put on my ball cap covering my bald head, we go to the front yard and I throw the Frisbee/ Moe looks to the left and to the right….he can’t resist….he runs…he catches…..lets see that bulldog do that! I smile.

No comments: